Key points about the upcoming Holy Year of Mercy
On May 15, 2015, Pope Francis announced an extraordinary jubilee, a Holy Year of Mercy from December 8, 2015, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception until November 20, 2016, the Sunday dedicated to Christ the King.
Pope Francis invites us to think about mercy anew as the "act by which God comes to meet us" but also mercy as the "fundamental law that dwells in the heart of every person who looks sincerely into the eyes of his brothers and sisters on the path of life.” He invites us to live by this mercy in our parishes and lives, to forgive others as well as to seek reconciliation. He challenges us to understand mercy and justice as "two dimensions of the same reality" on the way of conversion of the sinner towards love.
We are asked to proclaim and live by the word of God's mercy, to reach out to others, to help strengthen and accompany them through their struggles. Let us share the joy of the Gospel through our actions, our words and our prayers during this Holy Year of Mercy.
- Youth Rally Chaperone Verification Procedure.
- Youth Ministry Resources.
- Coordinator of Youth Ministry Monthly Meetings.
Resources from the Vatican
- Announcement from the Vatican
- Bull of Indiction (Misericordiae vultus)
- Letter from Pope Francis
- Vatican website for the Jubilee Year
- Year of Mercy Logo
- Year of Mercy Hymn(score/audio)
- Year of Mercy Hymn on YouTube
- Prayer for the Jubilee Year (English)
- Prayer for the Jubilee Year (Spanish)